Monday, February 16, 2015

Nuts About Sketches {Silly Faces}

Good morning! Nuts About Sketches new sketch is up and it's a fun one! 
This is my youngest daughter playing in the tub when she was about 8 months old. She has always been one to pull the funniest faces! I love them!
I cut down my designer paper by 1/2" on the side and top so it would give me a 1/4" cardstock frame all around. Lately, this has been my go to. Love the look of it. I then did a bit of ripping for the side pieces up on the top right and on the left side. Did you know that if you tear AWAY from you the core of the paper will be visible on the back side but if you tear TOWARDS you the core is visible on the front. Just a little tearing tid bit. ;) 

I went around and inked up the the edges with some Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress Ink and traced the edges of the SILLY in my title with black pen to make it "pop" a little.

I also did a little of bit of stitching on this layout. Love adding just little bits for texture on my layouts.
Here's a couple more close up of some the fun embellishments.
 
Make sure to swing over to Nuts About Sketches blog to see the fun sketch and the other design team members take on it, also she's got some news to share! 
Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}