Thursday, February 12, 2015

Moxxie {Valentine's Day Treat}

Today I've got a fun Valentine's Day treat for you! I found these cute little test tubes in the $1 bins at Michael's.
 I didn't know what I was going to do with them but I knew I just had to make something! This is what I came up with! 
Adorable! Right!? I found a great tutorial on how to make the holders over at Splitcoast Stampers. Then I used some of Moxxie's Iron Grid and Tiny Dancer lines to make it all pretty. 
**I followed the directions on where to score and cut to create the box but did NOT begin to actually glue it all together until I had finished decorating it first! 

I cut a strip of designer paper about 1/8" to a 1/4" smaller than back of the box and used my corner round edge punch and did a bit of distressing on it before I adhered it down to my box. Then I cut out a strip to wrap around the middle of the box part and distressed it a bit too. I tied together two small pieces of pink & brown bakers twine and stapled them down to the box. I punched out a cute little heart of Moxxie's Tiny Dancer line and layered on a Mambi sticker- love, using 3d-dots for dimension.
On the test tube measured around the test tube cut a strip of designer paper the length and width I needed. Leaving about 1/2" extra on the length to overlap. Before wrapping it around I found the middle of my strip punched a heart out and taped a small piece pink paper behind so the pink would peek through the punched out heart. Then I traced around it with a bronze Sharpie. Once I adhered the strip around the test tube I used some more pink & brown bakers twine to tie around.
Such a fun little treat for someone special! 
Thanks for stopping by! :)



Moxxie Product I Used:

GI- 1469 Football

TD- 1504 Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}