Monday, July 7, 2014

Nuts About Sketches {The Frosty Chill of a Winter's Day}

How is everyone's summer going? I can't believe we are into July already! It has been HOT! So for this new Nuts About Sketches sketch I dug around and found some fun snow pictures! I'm not a fan of all the coldness during the winter but looking through these pictures sure helped take my mind off the heat for a bit! In these pictures I had taken my girls tubing. They had a blast! We even lost a boot a time two along the way but we had nothing but laughs and giggles the whole time.
For this layout I used Fancy Pants TimberGrove collection. I LOVE this line! I used a sheet of kraft cardstock for the base. I also did some inking around the edges of everything including my photos with some Tim Holtz ink. Here's a few close ups of the layout. 

I even ran a few elements through the crimper. They really added some texture to the layout. 
Doesn't this layout take your mind off the heat at least for a minute a two? ;) Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you head over to Nuts About Sketches and check out the actual sketch and see the other designers take on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}