Thursday, May 1, 2014

Rainbows

Time for a new challenge at Scrap It Girl! This month we are focusing on Mothers and/or Mother Nature. I went with some pictures I had of a gorgeous double rainbow. You just don't get to see those every day! I wanted a layout that would really accentuate the colors of the rainbow. 
Coloring is a bit off on the picture but I used some gray cardstock for the base and then decided to go with washi tape for all the colors! I am a total washi tape addict! What I was amazed at was that I did not have a single purple! Time to do some shopping! ;) So to make up for it I found some designer paper that I thought had a nice pattern on it and created some strips. I was amazed at how well it all came together. All the wording was done on my Silhouette. Before laying down the washi tape I used sprayed some Shimmerz Goldie Lox spritz all over the gray cardstock. LOVE the little bit of gold sparkle to it. Here's some close ups. I also used some Imaginisce bling on the word RAINBOWS. 









Now don't forget to head over to Scrap It Girl and check out the other designers amazing projects! Make sure to jump in and link up your own project there! There's a great prize! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}